September 11, 2013

Altered Dominos - my first attempt.


I bought the dominos at Ross for Less thinking if I messed up terribly I would not be wasting too much money.  Next I researched on how to make these altered dominos, and , well I searched youtube.com, Pintrest and various other sites for instructions and of course some inspiration . 

The best tutorials I found was on 
http://heartcollective.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-to-altered-dominoes.html
another very easy one on http://whimsyfunk.blogspot.com/2012/01/altered-dominos-tutorial.html
and I watched many many many youtube tutorials.   It is nice to find so many different methods of learning aside from a formal classroom.  Many thanks to the artists who provide free instructions for all of us to learn and create.

My first attempt yielded some cute stuff, some messes (air bubbles).  I can use for magnets, necklaces and canvas art.  My next attempt will be actually drilling holes, this first batch has bails glued on to the back.   I used permanent felt tips, alcohol ink, mod podge to attach pictures and then staz on for the stamping.  I did not use resin, I used Diamond Glaze and next I will try the modpodge version. 

Some Christmas Gifts??


 A closer view:




















 





No comments:

Post a Comment